The danger in a journey

There was a show I used to regularly watch with my family. It was a documentary called 'I shouldn't be alive' where people narrated the big misfortunes they had in trips. By misfortune, I mean serious accidents like to get lost in the wilderness or to survive after an air crash. Actually, each episode was about one particular journey in which those who survived explained what happened while the events were represented by actors. 

Some of the survivors were adventurers who challenged themselves to much, those who kind of searched for the trouble. Others, were simple travelers who wanted to explore different places. And it was both interesting and distressing to hear their experiences.

I am thinking about this program because it makes me worry about traveling. One day, I would like to explore exotic places like deserts or to do safaris, but now that I am more aware about the possible risks, I am little bit scared. In one hand, danger is everywhere and can be unpredictable so it would be regretful to not do things that I would really like to do only because they may be unsafe. On the other hand, bad things could really happen and I wouldn't want to die (or almost), to get lost for days or to get seriously hurt.

I don't have a clear opinion about it, but I guess it's normal to be hesitant.



Comments

  1. I remeber watching that show too! I can't wait to read more on your blog, I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment